Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Emancipator - Shook (Mobb Deep/Sigur Ros)



Haven't posted in awhile and no excuses but work has been super busy and stressful at times. I have to give credit to my boy G Baby for showing me this song while we studied abroad in England. . . I think it's perfect to listen to whenever you just need a little calm in your life (I know, I'm supposed to be the upbeat guy!) . . . Emancipator is actually the stage name for Doug Appling, who is an artist of a genre of music called "trip hop". The song starts out slow with no words and about halfway through Mobb Deep jumps in with some rap lyrics. At first you believe no rap belongs in this track but quickly realize that it complements the beginning perfectly. . . Hope you had a great day and if you didn't, remember that tomorrow you can choose how your day goes!!

1 comment:

  1. Fellas,

    keep it coming. I will have to learn how to embed a video someday soon, lol.

    I have been listening to a lot of albums in full lately. Do you have any suggestions for something under appreciated? I just listened to Fleetwood Mac, George Benson, Counting Crows, and Matt and Kim, so genre really isn't important. Lemme know.

    <3

    ReplyDelete