Monday, November 21, 2011

Airborne Toxic Event-All I Ever Wanted

So if you have to listen to a song four times consecutively you know it's good or at the very least addictingly catchy. That hasn't happened to me since Mumford and Sons came out and totally engrossed I listened to "Little Lion Man" to the point where my roommates were probably plotting my demise...So Airborne Toxic's song, "All I Ever Wanted" was the same way. I finally looked up the video only to be completely dissapointed. It makes no sense.

1. There is a bizarre juxtaposition between the band and a completely unrelated couple event.
2. What cute young girl picks up a male hitch hiker in the middle of the desert....??
3. If he's hitch hiking how does he afford wine and dinner?
4. WAIT/What's the ring thing at the end?!

Anyhow, I guess catchy beat doesn't equal good video. Bummer. But check it out and seriously if you can explain what happens at the end, I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Apparently its based on a short story about a couple who pose to be hitchhikers like roleplaying shit and the lyrics make it sound like a guy who has lost an ex and struggles thinking about her and meeting her again. But yes its very unconnected, but im glad jay from jay and silent bob took the time to age 10 years and then sing this song for us.

    ReplyDelete